Volunteer and Fundraising Opportunities
We’ve summarized our fundraising opportunities for the 2016-2017 school year here– take a look!
In addition, here are some ways to get involved throughout the year!
- Shop Amazon.com through the Smile program – set your charity to New Morning Nursery Inc, and a portion of your purchase goes right to our school.
- Shop for custom labels for all your kids’ items through Mabel’s Labels – set your school/organization to New Morning Nursery School [check that you select the Madison New Morning!]. Families have really liked the products from Mabel’s Labels, and the reliable name information inside sweatshirts, coats, hats, etc., helps out our teachers as well!
- Support our wonderful school photographer/NMNS parent Jen Lucas.
- And, watch for car magnet and tote bag sales at our events!
Below are our great family and community events for the 2016-2017 school year – mark your calendars.
Special Events for the 2016-2017 School Year
- Family Picnic and Ice Cream Social: Our welcome-back party for all current NMNS families! This year we’ll have food trucks as a special fundraiser opportunity. September 14, 5:30 – 7 pm
- Parents Night: Our parents-only evening, with an opportunity to check out the classrooms and talk with teachers, to meet the board of directors and other parents, and to learn about our wonderful co-op culture! September 21, 6:30-8:30 pm
- Election Day Bake Sale: It’s a big year for the polls, and we’ll bring the cookies! We take advantage of being part of a designated polling place and raise money for our future fund. November 8, 7 am – 2 pm
- Pancake Breakfast Fundraiser: We love an excuse to hang out at school on a Saturday morning, especially with pancakes and bacon! November 19, 9 – 11 am
- 4K Information Night: New to the world of MMSD and 4K programs? We’ll help alleviate some anxiety around your exciting transition to 4K. December 7, 7-8:30 pm
- Open House: An opportunity for the greater community to check our our wonderful programs! January 14, 10am-noon
- Spring Auction: Our fun-filled fundraiser for NMNS families and friends at the beautiful Nakoma Country Club. April 29, 6:30 – 11 pm
- End of Year Picnic: Our end-of-the-year potluck picnic and opportunity to celebrate the arrival of summer, located at nearby Westmorland Park. June 7, 5:30 – 7 pm